1. There were multiple stand-down orders, not just one.
2. Ambassador Stevens’ reason for going to Benghazi has been cleared up.
3. Clinton was briefed at 2 am on the night of the attack, was never told that a movie had anything to do with the attack by those on the ground in Libya, yet blamed the movie anyway.
4. Whistleblowers were intimidated into silence.
5. “The YouTube movie was a non-event in Libya.”
Preston expands on these facts fully in this link, but the biggest headline of the day for me was finding out that one of Secretary of State Clinton’s top aides sent an email to Libya telling them Benghazi was a terrorist attack by a group linked to Al Qaeda. This email was sent out on September 12th. The day AFTER the attack.
When you go back and look at Hillary’s “we’re gonna get the guy who made the videotape” statements at Ambassador Stevens’ funeral a few days later, it’s hard to keep your lunch down. What a despicable moment by an American politician.
The Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes picked up on this, too. Listen to his excellent podcast immediately after the hearings.
Here’s another good “down-and-dirty” wrap up of the hearings.