Actually, I’m ready to move on to “Results,” if you don’t mind…
The premise of the entire Democrat convention was “this is as good as it gets.” Nobody could do any better than President Obama has done. Or as I said in my Boston Herald column today “The Man from Hope and the Hero of Hope and Change joined together to tell America to ‘Abandon All Hope.’”
Well, the August jobless numbers came out, and here are the (ahem) ‘highlights:’
- Just 96,000 jobs created.
- Job numbers for June and July were revised down. 40,000 fewer jobs created than originally reported.
- Total job creation in past six months was around 600,000 jobs. During Reagan recovery, 800,000 jobs created in just one month.
- More than 360,000 people dropped out of the workforce in August.
- The percentage of able-bodied Americans are in the workforce is at a 30-year low.
And this is “the best we can do?” That’s what Team Obama wants you to believe. You call it “suck.” Bill Clinton calls it “suck-cess!”
To quote the late, great Peggy Lee: “Is that all there is?”
The Democrats’ message to wavering, undecided voters was summarized by Bill Clinton Wednesday night:
“No president — not me, not any of my predecessors — no one could have fully repaired all the damage that he found in just four years.”
This is as good as it gets: A crappy recovery, 8 percent unemployment as far as the eye can see, constant talk of tax hikes and chronic class envy, and another trillion dollars of debt thrown on the backs of our children each year.
That’s it? The best we can do? There were no better ideas than Barack Obama’s failed stimulus, no leader who could have gotten us better results?
If you believe that, then vote to re-elect the man who gave us these stellar results. If you don’t: Fire him.
It’s that simple.